The vintage wooden collectible, The Thompson-Neely House is from the 1999 Revolutionary War Series, and is a reproduction of an actual building. Since this is a retired piece it is no longer available at the “Official” Cat’s Meow Village website, but it is still available at other web sources. The best value source for this piece is probably ebay, but it can also be found at Appletreedeals or with a google search. Prices range from an ebay auction price starting at .99 to retail sales prices at online sites for around $17.95.
The 1999 Revolutionary War Series was retired in 2004. First year issues generally go for slightly more than later issues, but piece condition is always a major factor. Since these pieces are 12 – 22 years old, and were probably in someone’s collection, it is important to try to get as much condition info as possible. This mean pictures, so you can see for yourself what you are buying.
The production process for this series has the piece info and Faline’s stamped signature on the back left corner of this piece. And as in all authentic CMV pieces, look for Casper the cat somewhere on the piece. On the Thompson-Neely piece, Casper is sitting in a second story window, watching all the arrivals.
Occasionally pieces can be found that were in retail inventory and never collected or displayed by anyone, but even then, due to various storage methods, item condition still needs to be seen. Any good source for CMV pieces should be able to provide good clear front and rear view photos. That was the case with the Appletreedeals.com source plenty of pictures and a good item description.
The Thmpson-Neely house is located in Washington Crossing, Pa. Following the American’s retreat from New Jersey, the home of Robert and Hannah Thompson became the headquarters of General Lord Stirling (American William Alexander), who commanded the troops stationed along the Delaware River.
The central portion of the house dates back to 1702 by original owner John Pidcock. Robert Thompson made additions to the building in 1757 and a 1788 east-side addition completed the house we see today.